Friday, February 8, 2008

Romney suspends presidential campaign

Romney suspends presidential campaign

Mitt Romney suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday, saying if he continued it would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Senator Clinton or Obama to win."

"In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.

"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country."

Romney made the announcement Thursday afternoon at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

With Romney out, Sen. John McCain is locked in as the front-runner in the GOP race.

Romney had won 286 delegates through the Super Tuesday contests, compared with McCain's 697.

The crowd booed when Romney mentioned McCain, saying, "I disagree with Sen. McCain on a number of issues. But I agree with him on doing whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq, on finding and executing Osama bin Laden, and I agree with him on eliminating al Qaeda and terror worldwide," he said.

According to a senior McCain adviser, McCain called Romney and told him he "admired his speech today and that he was a tough competitor."

McCain also told Romney he looks forward to sitting down with him at the earliest opportunity. McCain did not ask Romney for his endorsement.


Hes done. thats it. game over folks. Now were stuck with McCain, who is a lot better in the race that Romney ever was. If the Democrats dont SHAPE UP NOW - its done, because Romney did what Clinton and Obama feared. he dropped out for the good of the competitor. He did what both of them are too greedy to do. they want power and they will fight till election day to get it.


Yours Truly ~~
()_BOB_)~~*

No comments: